PM Crash Course for IT Professionals eBook
PM Crash Course™ for IT Professionals—ePUB Version
Published by Cisco Press and RMC Publications, Inc.
PM Crash Course™ for IT Professionals is full of project management tools that you can apply immediately to your IT projects—to deliver them on time, on budget, and with fewer headaches. Authored by world-renowned project management trainer Rita Mulcahy and technology business expert Martha Young, this book will help you get your IT projects back on track using proven, real-world project management tools and techniques.
This book will cover dozens of real-world IT project management issues, including the following:
- Understanding why IT projects fail—and preventing failure.
- Defining effective IT project charters and requirements.
- Organizing IT roadmaps into manageable projects.
- Capturing, creating, and using historical data.
- Establishing "soft" and "hard" project metrics and milestones.
- Defining project scope, and avoiding scope creep.
- Identifying and managing stakeholders and expectations.
- Choosing the right PM tools for your needs—including in-house, hosted, and cloud-based solutions.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the RMC Customer Service Department at (952) 846-4484 between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Central, Monday thru Friday.
An EPUB is an e-book that can be downloaded and read on a device like a smartphone, tablet, computer, or e-reader. It is a free and open standard published by the International Digital Publishing Forum. The term is short forelectronic publication and is sometimes styled ePub. EPUB became an official standard of the IDPF in September 2007, superseding the older Open eBook standard. The Book Industry Study Group endorses EPUB 3 as the format of choice for packaging content and has stated that the global book publishing industry should rally around a single standard. EPUB is the most widely supported vendor-independent XML-based (as opposed to PDF) e-book format; that is, it is supported by the largest number of hardware readers, including Amazon Kindle Fire.
|Subjects||IT Project Management, Tools and Techiques, Real-World Applications|