Leading Change eLearning Course
- 3 Lesson, short-topic tutorial
- 19 total pages with 3 in-course exercises
- Aligned with current industry standards
- Rita Mulcahy’s Expert Project Management Training for 30+ Years
- Earn 1 PDU toward retaining PMP® certification
This course is about leading organizational change. Organizations need to change in order to grow and survive, and every change requires leadership. However, the change process brings challenges—people tend to stick to their entrenched habits and resist doing things differently. Fortunately, there are ways to reduce that resistance and maximize the chances for success. This course will explain them, and prepare you to lead change in the most effective way. The questions we'll address include:
- Why do people resist change--and when do they accept it?
- What concerns are they likely to have, and how can we address them?
- How can we support people during the change process?
- What’s the best way to implement an organizational change?
- How can we sustain the change and continue to improve it?
To illustrate how to apply the principles being described, this course uses the example of leading a transition from traditional project management to an agile approach. This scenario raises many of the issues you're likely to encounter in any major organizational change initiative.
- Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Plan an organizational change initiative effectively to ensure success.
- Understand and minimize the causes of resistance to organizational change.
- Recognize and address the stages of responding to change.
- Address stakeholder concerns about an organizational change.
- Know what to expect during the change process
- Provide leadership and emotional support throughout the change process.
- Design a change roadmap.
- Keep people moving together through a change process.
- Sustain the organizational change and continue to improve it.
Also, you may earn 1 PDU toward retaining your PMP® or other PMI certification . The PMI Talent Triangle® breakdown for this course is 0 Technical, 1 Leadership, 0 Strategic.
30-Day Subscription.[By clicking this button, you are agreeing to the terms of the Sample Lesson License Agreement.]
|eLearning Course Policies - Read Carefully Before Purchasing|
These policies will be strictly enforced.